Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Style Post

Last week (or possibly earlier) I began writing a scholarly, informative, and interesting post on the trials and tribulations of effectively utilizing student workers in an academic library.

That hasn't gotten very far yet, and any focus I had on the topic has been quickly set aside by a near-tragedy at the library where I am currently working. There will be an entire post about that later, most likely after the campus is re-opened and the extent of what could have happened vs. what did happen is fully assessed. For now I will say that our north-eastern state experienced a very unusual weather pattern which led to a situation which could have been much worse, but that everything important on our campus was luckily left intact and undamaged, with no one being injured.

For now, on a completely different track and in the interest of keeping myself in the blogging mindset, I present the first Style Post. My style is a morale booster, and a confidence booster for me. I don't feel at my optimal self if I'm not wearing the clothes that I feel most comfortable in. From time to time I will be posting pictures of my favorite work outfits to share a little bit of my own quirky style with you. This first outfit shows off just the basic building blocks of one of my most-worn outfits.


The skirt and over-the-knee socks are by Japanese brand Innocent World, and the print on the skirt features several books, along with chess pieces, pocket watches, and keys. Ever one for coordination, it was obvious to me that this skirt would do very well in a library setting. The blouse also features antique gold-colored rose buttons, and the socks have an argyle and ribbon pattern woven in, as you might be able to see below (in which the items are more true to color). In order to mix up the outfit, I will wear it with different hair accessories and jewelery each time, sometimes adding a black fitted vest over the blouse, or a ribbon tie for a girlier look.


I love that this outfit is old-fashioned yet refreshing and looks cute but still elegant, especially with a nice pair of basic, low-heeled dress shoes (rounded toe and simple embellishments preferred).

Innocent World has many other old fashioned, refined items that would complement a library setting. You can check out their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment